Tuesday, February 17, 2009

needles and pins - part 2

My next appointment focused on Wei Chi.  Much like our immune system, the Wei Chi is located in the skin and is designed to protect us. However, when Wei Chi has been taxed it can turn against us and hurt that which it was designed to protect - like an autoimmune disorder.

The Wei Chi treatment involves several needles entered along the sides of the spine.  If the skin around the needle turns red, toxic energy needs to be released.  This release involves sitting with the needles in your back "cooking" until the redness subsides which can take anywhere from 15 minutes to over an hour.

My areas of redness centered on the lungs and the liver.  The lungs are associated with grief and the liver with a variety of things like thinking too much, planning, etc.  It took about 45 minutes for the redness to subside.  It also took alot out of me.  Tears streamed down my face uncontrollably during most of the treatment.  I guess it's all part of the process.

I go back later this week for the next round.   









2 comments:

Jason Fleming said...

I wonder if this is similar to cupping at all?

Unknown said...

freak, part 2.

When the ba-loh-nuh nip needle?