Thursday, August 20, 2009

bring it on down for homelessville

While getting my morning coffee I heard loud knocking on the front door. I peep out the window and see some guy standing there - knocking - incessantly. Knocking so loud in fact that he could not hear me yell: "Can I help you?"

He finally walked off and I got ready for the day. As I left I saw a police car out front and a man in a UNCW t-shirt speaking with the officer. Apparently they are looking for the guy who knocked on my door. As the police left, the UNCW guy came over to speak to me about safety. I am warned not to walk less than a block to the jiffy mart after dark. I am told that the neighborhood is safe but not safe. Apparently the knocker is a homeless person who has been stealing things and is "a little crazy." Great.

At least I feel safe on campus...






1 comment:

wookie said...

Is D! wandering around outside?