Saturday, August 22, 2009

bad boys bad boys watcha gonna do?

So I'm on the computer, half watching a 48 hours Mystery when I hear sirens, lots and lots of sirens - getting louder and louder. I then notice all the flashing blue lights strobing through the room. I peep out the window and see what must be over 10 police cars and SUVs, a German Sheppard and a Policeman. One of them starts yelling at presumably whomever they have chased down. STEP BACK, STEP BACK...ETC. Not knowing what would happen during the stand off I crouch down so that I am not near the window or anything that might come through it. Added to the medley - a helicopter. Holy Jeebus. Thanks to my peeps for chatting during the ordeal to keep me relatively calm.

Now things have cleared out. I called campus police and they sent an officer out to check the perimeter. He assured me that I was safe and that they patrol regularly. Again I'm not in a bad area per se but near one...SIGH. Gonna have to take some benadryl tonight to get to sleep.

I think the cats and I are packing up and moving out tomorrow morning.


1 comment:

wookie said...

damn pea-bo-toe! You betta down a 6-pack tonight!