Wednesday, September 16, 2009

If life is a highway...


Over the past few weeks I've been getting used to my commute. Takes me about an hour and 20 to get to work. Most if it is a straight shot on I-40. On my way home last night the fuel light came on. I was probably about 30 minutes from home and there really is not much between here and there. I pull off on an exit with nothing listed on the food board, and only one "Pure" gas station listed on the fuel board. As I approach the off ramp the next sign says the gas station is 3 miles to the right. I drive and drive and see nothing. It is dark and I am starting to panic. No one wants to run out of gas alone, at night, in the middle of friggin nowhere. Finally about 10-15 miles later I end up in Mt. Olive. As I was pumping my gas I noticed the smell of pickles in the air. Mt. Olive, NC is THE Mt. Olive - Home of the pickle! Who knew?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what exactly do pickles smell like?

Unknown said...

p.s. you's (youse?) betta take us there when we visits!

peabot said...

I would say like vinegar and dill...