Thursday, March 5, 2009

Clams


I love clams.  I think the best clams I've ever had were Phil's steamed clams with garlic bread.  I rarely cook seafood at home because it's expensive and I'm afraid of messing it up or permeating the house with a horrible smell. 

That being said, we went to the Farmer's Market yesterday and bought some clams.  I figured at 30 cents a piece why not.  They were fresh, didn't smell at all - so I decided to take the leap.
  
Today I attempted to recreate Phil's clams: butter, white wine, chopped tomatoes, green onions, lots of chopped garlic - the only thing I was missing was fresh thyme.  The clams were friggin amazing.  I can cook clams!!!!!!!  

Who knew?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

betch, u betta make us some clams at t-day!

Unknown said...

Clams reminds me of my 3rd wife's, um, clam shack, moist and full of grit!

Life With Dogs said...

You just helped me decide on lunch, thank you :)